There are circumstances when a need to signal for help may arise. The Vles GO-bag offers options for these times.
- A whistle on the chest/sternum strap of the backpack allows the wearer to signal while backpacking.
- The emergency radio contains an ear piercing signal as well as a flashlight that can change from a steady stream to a flashing strobe.
- The large mirror in the Personal Care module can be used to make reflections from the sun or other shiny object to signal for help.
- The waterproof matches included in the Emergency Module can be used to start a signal fire.
- Finally, there’s always the option of inflating a section of a mylar blanket and popping it to make a little noise.
The best idea is to safely evacuate before you ever need to get rescued but should you need to signal for help, the Vles GO-bag offers options to do so.