Moved to a new home? Had a baby? Got married? Adopted a pet? You’ll be busy and may not think about the non-incidental items on your “to do” list. So, in addition to gathering the new furniture, the baby crib and blankets, the wedding rings and the dog crate, make sure to update your emergency essentials.
- Has your insurance changed? Put a copy of your new policy in your GO-bag.
- New baby? Include the baby’s pediatrician’s number in your emergency list.
- Have your children switched schools? Find out what the school’s emergency plan is and where the children will go if they need to evacuate.
- Have your medications changed? Update copies of your prescriptions and any meds you have in your GO-bag, including those for children and pets.
- Need another bag for an additional member of the family? Pack it now so when there’s a knock at the door and you have to evacuate, you’re ready to go.
There are so many things to think about when life changes occur. Make sure updating your emergency plan is on that “to do” list.